All application materials are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019.
- Completed application form. Our electronic application form is available on our website. Choose "Application Form" under the "How To Apply" tab above, or click here to access the application.
- Approximately 250 word essay (double-spaced). The essay should be sent as a PDF attachment to the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your essay you should address one of the following items:
a. Discuss your present academic focus. What interests you most about chemistry?
b. Describe one or two or your significant accomplishments or life experiences, noting your age at the time, and what each meant to your self-development.
c. Discuss an individual who has influenced you. What are the attributes of this person that you most admire? You may draw from fiction, biography, or your own experience.
- Completed nomination form. The nominator form should be submitted on your behalf by a teacher, counselor, mentor, or other person who is familiar with your academic and personal achievements. The nomination form is available by clicking on the "Nomination Form" under the "How To Apply" tab at the top of this page.
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommenders can be teachers, counselors, mentors, or others who are familiar with your academic achievements or personal character. Parents and family members are not appropriate recommenders. Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender to the Program Coordinator by email at email@example.com. PDF format is preferred.
- High school transcript. We prefer to receive transcripts directly from your school's registrar's office sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your registrar will not send transcripts via email, a student copy sent in PDF format to email@example.com will be accepted.
- Standardized test scores (PSAT or SAT). If your transcript does not contain your standardized test scores, you should submit either a scanned copy of a paper score report in PDF format (preferred) or screen shots of your scores from the College Board website. These should be sent to the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer SAT scores, however if you have not yet taken the SATs then PSAT scores will be accepted. If you have taken both, please send only your SAT scores; do not send both.