All application materials will be due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17th.
- Completed application form. Our electronic application form is available on our website. Choose "Application Form" under the "How To Apply" tab above, or click here to access the application.
- 250 word essay (approximately 1 double-spaced typed page). The essay should be sent as a PDF attachment to the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your essay you should address one of the following items:
a. Discuss your present academic focus. What interests you most about chemistry?
b. Which of your past achievements are most important to you and why? Describe one or two accomplishments or life experiences, your age at the time, and what each meant to your self-development.
c. Discuss an individual who has influenced you. What are the attributes of this person that you most admire? You may draw from fiction, biography, or your own experience.
- Completed nomination form. The nominator form should be submitted on your behalf by a teacher, counselor, mentor, or other person who is familiar with your academic achievements. The nomination form is available by clicking on the "Nomination Form" under the "How To Apply" tab at the top of this page.
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommenders can be teachers, counselors, mentors, or others who are familiar with your academic achievements or personal character. Parents and family members are not considered acceptable recommenders. Recommendation letters should follow the conventions of a typical letter of support and should contain your recommenders' assessments of your academic performance, personal character, and readiness for participation in our program. Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender to the Program Coordinator by email at email@example.com. PDF format is preferred.
- High school transcript. We prefer to receive transcripts directly from your school's registrar's office sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your registrar will not send transcripts via email, a student copy sent in PDF format to email@example.com will be accepted.
- Standardized test scores (PSAT or SAT). If your transcript does not contain your standardized test scores, you should submit either a scanned copy of a paper score report in PDF format (preferred) or screen shots of your scores from the College Board website. These should be sent to the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer SAT scores, however if you have not yet taken the SATs then PSAT scores will be accepted. If you have taken both, please send only your SAT scores; do not send both.